Our hope is to accompany our middle and high school students as they discern in Christian community questions of:
- Identity: who am I?
- Autonomy: how am I unique?
- Affinity: to whom and where do I belong?
- Vocation: what am I being called to do with my life?
We support each student in crafting an individualized approach to deepen their engagement within and beyond the parish as they discover how to use their God-given talents and interests to help heal the world. We hope to support them as they enter a lasting and life-shaping relationship with God in Christ and, ultimately, as they navigate the transition to life beyond high school.
- Middle School students are invited to join the Breakfast Club on Sunday mornings, sharing a meal alongside our younger students and then gathering for an age-specific conversation. This unhurried setting fosters relationships across ages and enables a smooth transition for those who participate in schola or as an acolyte.
- High School students are invited to join our younger students for breakfast on Sunday mornings. They also gather monthly for a zoom discussion series entitled Where the Bible Shows Up. Every other spring (2023, 2025, 2027), high school students are invited to participate in a preparation for confirmation course. Confirmation prep will be offered this program year, in the winter and spring of 2023.
Each church school year we offer retreat opportunities for middle and high school students. On alternate years we provide a Rite-13 retreat for middle school students, a time for teenagers to reflect on their transition from childhood toward adulthood in the church and in their own life of faith. The next Rite-13 program will be offered in the winter of 2024.
Similarly, on alternate years we offer a confirmation preparation program for high school students. Confirmation prep will be offered this program year in the winter and spring of 2023.
If you have questions, would like further information, or would like to be added to the Family Newsletter mailing list please contact our family minister, Rev. Tammy Hobbs Miracky.
You may register your child(ren) for the 2022-23 church school year HERE.