Wherever you are in your journey of faith…
The decision to officially join a church as a voting member is typically one of increasing commitment and involvement over time driven by the inner promptings of the Spirit. Wherever you are on that journey, as a person growing in faith you will want to:
- Be faithful in worship:
- Celebrating the Eucharist together is essential to our life together as the Body of Christ.
- Participate in opportunities for fellowship and learning:
- We encourage ongoing growth and learning in what it means to be Christian and the building of right relationships and community.
- Be dedicated in service:
- We believe that God calls and empowers each of us for ministry in a variety of ways, and shared ministry is a core value here. Sharing our gifts sustains our common life at All Saints, our families, and our larger community. Sharing our gifts is an essential part of the life Jesus calls us to.
- Be responsible in pledging to and supporting the work of the parish in carrying out God’s mission in this world.
If you would like to become a voting member of All Saints, then as long as you are baptized and older than 16, all that our bylaws require is for you to sign the Parish Register in the presence of the rector and respond affirmatively to the following question:
- Have you been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit?
- Do you acknowledge the Episcopal Church as part of the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church?
- Will you take part with us in worship, spiritual growth, the work of reconciliation, and, as you are able, pledge to contribute to the support of the parish?
May I transfer my membership from one Episcopal Church to another?
If you are a voting member of another Episcopal Church, or if you are a voting member here and move to another Episcopal Church and would like your voting membership transferred, a Transfer of Membership form may be arranged through the Parish Administrator.