GIFTS FOR GOD’S HOUSE: A RESOUNDING SUCCESS
This Eastertide, as we celebrated the Resurrection and faithfully anticipated physically regathering in the sanctuary, we invited the parish to join in “Gifts for God’s House—Celebrating the First 125 Years,” a campaign to raise funds to undertake some modest refurbishments of our sanctuary. The campaign concluded on 30 June 2021. We are blessed by the generosity of our parish family who accepted the invitation to look forward and fund the various elements envisioned by the task force.
We are pleased to report that the campaign, which included projects projected to cost $36,000 plus a $4,000 donation to the Outreach Fund, exceeded these goals. The total donated was $53,011. Some donors gave without specifying particular projects, while others funded certain gifts, so all elements of the campaign have been funded. With the tithe to Outreach of $5,301, we are now implementing the various projects which honor our past, bolster our present, and look to our future. Any remaining monies will be placed in the Memorial Fund:
1. Altar Hangings (in progress)
2. Fifty Sanctuary Chairs (on order)
3. Altar Panel Art Restoration (scheduled for late September)
4. Two Votive Stands (Visit them in the Sanctuary!)
5. Children’s Area Items (some items purchased and others on order)
6. Updating the Sanctuary Tour (both print and virtual—in progress)
7. Panels/Space for Historical Exhibits (in progress)
The 125th Task Force is grateful for the ongoing assistance of Tammy and our sexton, Renato, and to Matt Burfeind, whose initial work moved us forward on the chairs and display panels. A list of donors will be published in next week’s Parish Notes.
With our sincere thanks to the Parish,
Margaret Bridge, Richard Burden, Margaret Hogan, Elinor Horner, and Bradley MacDonald