Anglican Diocese of Tanga, Tanzania
Since 2007, All Saints Parish has partnered with other parishes in the diocese and beyond to build a close relationship with the Diocese of Tanga. We have
- helped fund a tractor and cultivation equipment for a farm in Korogwe
- helped fund a village health center in Kazara
- supported the ministry of St. Alban’s Church, Mgombezi, to children orphaned by HIV/AIDS by providing a swing set and church school supplies
- helped establish a tailoring school for women in Mgombezi
- supported the pastoral and youth ministries of Holy Cross Parish, Magila.
Over the past five years, parishioners from All Saints have traveled to Tanzania to engage in these mission projects. We also have welcomed Father Joel Makame, Rector of Holy Cross, Magila, to All Saints.
In 2014, we were notified that the diocesan Mission Tithe Grant Committee had awarded All Saints and the Friends of Tanzania in the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts a $10,000 matching grant award to support the building of a nursery school in the Anglican parish of St Francis Xavier in Kizara, Tanzania. This added to the $11,000 already raised from individual donors – Episcopalians in the dioceses of Massachusetts, Fort Worth, Dallas and New York as well as individuals of other faiths.
The foundation was blessed and the school named in honor of Bishop M. Thomas Shaw during a mission trip to the Anglican Diocese of Tanga in January, 2014.
How to get involved:
- Donate money to the Friends of Tanzania, the group that oversees this mission work
- Join a mission team and travel to Tanga.
For more information contact Carol Pineiro.