Open Positions—Children, Youth, and Family Minister
OPEN POSITIONS AT ALL SAINTS
Children, Youth, and Family Minister
All Saints Parish is seeking a Director of Children Youth and Family Ministries (CYFM) responsible for the oversight and direction of Christian Education and spiritual formation for children and youth of the parish. The Director CYFM must be able to establish a personal connection and rapport with families and youth, be well versed in the Bible and be able to effectively communicate and explain the Scriptures in a way that is understandable and relevant to all age groups. Though the position is primarily with families and youth, this person will be actively engaged in all facets of parish life and will work collegially with the entire parish staff. The Director CYFM reports to the Rector of All Saints Parish and will receive supervision and an annual review.
Start Date: August 2017
Hours: 25 hours per week over 12 months, or 30 hours per week over 10 months
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The broad responsibilities of the Director of Children Youth and Family Ministries are:
• Providing a welcoming and nurturing environment to all children and youth of the parish, with their families, to parish programs; value and cherish a diverse and inclusive community where all are welcomed and loved
• Designing and implementing the Christian Education programs from pre-school through high school
• Recruiting, training, mentoring, and coordinating volunteers and teachers to ensure that religious education curriculum delivery is engaging and cohesive.
• Acting as liaison with clergy and staff to welcome children, youth, and their families into the wider life and ministry of the parish and encouraging other parish members to offer same welcoming behavior
• Work collaboratively with the youth music director for cohesive ministry across church school and youth music programming, Cherub (Pre-K through 1st Grade) and Schola (2nd grade through high school) choirs, and other musical offerings
• Enjoys and has experience working with children and youth and has a clear understanding of their developmental needs. Is willing to develop deep familiarity with the children, youth, and their families to give them a strong sense of being valued members of the Church and parish community
• Has strong organizational skills; is able to coordinate a multi-faceted program involving staff and volunteer teams. Communicates effectively with parents, teachers, and staff to ensure engaging and effective programming
• Is an experienced teacher able to recruit volunteer teaching staff, provide training, support, resources, and feedback
• Some theological training is preferred, together with experience in Christian Education and an appreciation for the Anglican tradition. Either lay or ordained candidates will be considered.
Qualified candidates should send a cover note with resume to the <a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>Rector</a>. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: it is the church’s policy not to hire parishioners.
For a full job description click here.